Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thukkada


I am sure this is the simplest of all the snacks ,no need to to spend a lot of time or looking for rare ingredients. Still the flavor and crispy Thukkada will attract every one in the house.
It just took 20 minutes to make the entire dish .

Ingredients:

All purpose flour - 1 cup
rice flour - 1 tbsp
baking soda - 1/4 tsp
garam masala - 1 tsp
curry leaves - 1 brig (torn into pieces)
salt - 3/4 tsp (check)
chilli powder - 1 tsp
water - a little
corn oil - to deep fry (250 ml )

Method:

Mix all the above except oil and water.
Then add water little by little to make a firm chapathi dough.
Divide the dough into equal lemon size balls.
Make thin chapathis one by one and cut diamond shapes out of them.
Heat oil in a pan .
Immediately deep fry them in oil to golden color and strain them out.
Then roll out another chapathi, cut diamonds and repeat the process .
Let them cool and store in air tight box for longevity.
Serve as snacks with tea in the evenings.

10 comments:

Malar Gandhi said...

They also make thukkada and sedai with left over murukku batter at home. Its sure a quick fix snack.

Andhra Flavors said...

crispy snack! Collect your award from my blog.

Raks said...

Oh,its similar bit to diamond cuts! Looks so crisp,adding rice flour is good idea!

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Nice to make snacks at home they are not that hapless as bought from shops... Viki include the subscribe via a reader in your blog dear so I get ur posts first hand...

Usha said...

Looks crispy and very tempting,can you send me a couple of pieces to have with my tea now:-)

Vibaas said...

My cousin used to make this for me. Love it.

I have something for you here, dear - http://vibaas-world.blogspot.com/2008/11/wow-is-all-i-can-say.html

Yasmeen said...

Quick Crunchy tea time snack:)

Jaishree Iyer said...

My amma prepares thukkada for us..Nice crispy tea time snack!

Gita Jaishankar said...

The thukkada loks very crispy Viki.. I am making this today as an evening snack :)

Malar Gandhi said...

Vikki please take a look at my Plagiarism post and support me....I am devasted.

Chow chow Paruppu koottu and peel thogayal

Chow chow / Bangalore Kathirikai / Chayote  A dal curry paruppu koottu with chow chow and a spicy chutney using it's peel (chow chow tho...